So as you all know I'm doing the daily blog posting thing for the month of December. It's actually pretty fun but some times it can be really hard trying to think of something to write. Hard as it is to believe, I don't lead the most interesting life!
Well last night Ashley tagged me to do this thing about happiness. The rules are below.
List 10 things that make you happy.
Try and do at least one of them today.
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Link back to the person that tagged you.
1. My marriage. Seriously I can sit here and say my husband makes me happy but the truth is that my entire marriage makes me happy. I have a great supportive husband who would bend over backwards for me. We have a great relationship together, we have a wonderful home, are expecting our first little bundle of joy, have the most amazing dog. Our marriage makes me happy. The complete package.
2. My pregnancy. Truth be told I thought we were going to have problems. It took me about 6 months to get pregnant and it was really starting to worry me (of course not my husband, nothing bothers him!). After going to the doctor we found out why, I had too many follicles per ovary and my eggs weren't maturing enough. A bit of medication was prescribed and within two months I was pregnant. Besides the extreme morning sickness and complete inability to eat meat unless its covered in something else, my pregnancy has been great. I was scared because of my disease that pregnancy would leave me bed ridden but it hasn't. I've been kicking some major ass...and lets be honest, I look good pregnant. I'm not all fat and round all over, I didn't get the wonderful "pregnancy mask" which discolours your face. I'm thinner and freaking glowing! Instead of complaining when little Demi kicks me, I smile and giggle.
3. Changing the radio station when Lady Gaga's song comes on the radio. Yes that makes me happy. Some may think that Taylor Swift is over rated but I stand behind Gaga being over rated. Her music is stupid, her videos are too over the top, her clothes and attitude are just out of this world. She's a walking freak show and I don't support that crap. Sure Just Dance was a great song...after that I can't stand any music she produces and I change the station when she comes on. I smile as I press the "next" button on the radio.
4. Cooking. It relaxes me, it puts me in a great mood, and of course I feel super productive. Cooking is a way of expressing yourself. If you are feeling fancy just make something fancier, having a bad day? Make some comfort food. The kitchen is my favorite place in the house and I'm happy that the smells no longer bother me like they did at the beginning of my pregnancy.
5. My Job. Sure, I complain a lot about my job but its never a complaint about the work I do its about the people I work with. They irk me to no end but its really great to leave the office everyday knowing that you are smarter than your co-workers. That their jobs really rely on you and if you don't feel like doing something because of their lack of response time or whatever that you don't have to care. I also love my boss. He's so easy going and very understanding. I get any days off I need to deal with family, personal, or medical issues. He understands and actually CARES.
6. My family. Yeah I know they should be somewhere closer to the top but I didn't want to be completely predictable. My family drives me up the wall. My sister is the most scatter brained person I know, my mom is the most stressed person I know, and my dad is just a wonderful man but I wouldn't trade them for anything. (Occasionally I have thought about it though.) My parents are my rocks. They support me in everything that I do, they trust me, and I know that no matter what they will always be there for me. Even though I'm married my parents haven't stopped helping me out with anything. My parents are the most giving human beings I've ever met.
7. My computer. Cheesy I know but its oh so true. I moved from Texas when I was 18 years old. I did all of my schooling there and had tons of friends. I moved. Without my computer and all the good things that come with it like Skype, MSN, Facebook, Myspace etc I wouldn't be able to keep in great contact with them without breaking the bank. I love coming home after work and just unwinding while chit chatting with my friends!
8. My house. I guess its part of my marriage but honestly, just being home makes me so happy. My house is big but its also cozy. Everyone comes over and enjoys themselves. Home is where the heart is and I guess that is true for me too.
9. and 10. I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'm really at a loss as to what else makes me happy. Can't I just sum it all up and say my life? My friends and family, my house and home, my job, just everything in my life makes me happy?
I tag (this is the easy way out) everyone in my blog roll. Reading their blogs make me happy and make me smile and I believe thats the best thing one should do!