Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm still alive, and pregnant!

So for those of you who have me on Facebook and Twitter you found out yesterday that I was pregnant. I haven't been feeling well at all and have been having a big fight with morning sickness which is a complete crock. They should really call it "All effing day long sickness". If it was just in the morning it would be perfect. I'd have a great excuse for not coming in on time and then rocking the afternoon with my kick ass work ethic but apparently that isn't going to happen. I am still late for work, I drag my feet the rest of the time...oh wait, that is when I'm ABLE to go to work.

So if you guys remember from my blog post The Talk my boss had actually asked me if I was pregnant and I said no expecting it to be true. My period wasn't even late when he asked me or anything of that sort. The only "sign" I had was my emotionalness. But then again, I'm a Cancer and we are known for being emotional & moody. A week passes and now I am late but again I don't take it into consideration. My period likes to screw with me and left its lovely 28 day cycle and likes to jump between 28-36 days! Yeah, lots of fun eh? Well when I was leaving work two weeks ago the last thing I saw online was that Nicole Richie just released a maternity clothing line, my bosses words rang in my head, and I said, "Well I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up my medications, might as well get a pregnancy test."

Man did I NOT believe it when it said positive. I started crying like a two year old who just got her lollipop stolen. Being typically Jenny, instead of calling my husband first I called my mom and dad and then my sister and then my husband. Sorry George but we Georgio-who's really stick together.

Together we told a few of our family members and some of our friends. We weren't going to say anything until the first trimester was over but I had to post an ad on FB for a maternity leave replacement (Quebec gives you up to a year paid maternity leave and your position is guaranteed when you return) and then I started to get the comments and questions about being pregnant and of course I couldn't deny it so I said Yes. Now everyone knows! :)

Why was I putting an ad up for Mat Leave replacement when I'm not even thru my first trimester? Because of my myasthenia gravis I am high risk and might be put on bed rest anywhere between now and before I give birth. I see my OBGYN on Sept 3rd to discuss how my pregnancy is progressing, how I'm feeling, and to see how long I will be able to come into work at the office. I know I have a sit down job but honestly speaking, my co-workers stress me to the max and they are not worth me having any complications or a miscarriage. In fact if my co-workers were to get hit by a semi, I wouldn't celebrate but I wouldn't exactly be mourning either. And hey, just because a semi hits you doesn't mean you are dead :)

Hopefully after I pass my 3 months all will be well and I won't want to vomit every 15 minutes! So far I've had to cancel my trip to Vegas for work and its looking like I won't be able to fly to Texas either for my reunion. I'm so upset considering how much time and effort I've personally put into planning the reunion along with Heidi and a few others. Maybe I'll drive down? Take a train? Not only that but my parents were really looking forward to seeing me in September and October. :(

So that is what has been going on in my life. Hope you are all fairing better than me.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby!!!!
    Are you excited?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, our reunion is not worth risking it for! We all appreciate you're help, I know I do.

    Oh, and by the way, thanks! I've been wondering why I've been feeling funny and was almost a month late! Thanks a lot! (hehehe, I do this w/ all my friends, especially if they're far away).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Georgio-who! Names?! I need names you;ve thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life is about to change and it's going to be wonderful. Also, regarding all day sickness- I've got two words for you. Zofran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! And good luck with the morning sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I hope you stop turning green and tossing your cookies soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the bloggy love! I promise to try my hardest to return the love! :)

Page Stats